Friday, January 18, 2013

I Have To Be The Yoda

I was taking some ant-ridden trash out this morning (my hatred of ants is known around the world), and I decided to take an early walk. I walked down the hill, and left Heritage Park. As I walked towards Veterans Park, I came upon an ant colony that I discovered on last night's walk. Despite my hatred of them, I respect this colony. The ants are Texas-sized and mean. Their ant hill extends halfway across the sidewalk. I can imagine word being passed through the ant ranks all the way up to the Queen. "We've encountered Human settlements, my Queen!" Their Queen no doubt pondered this and replied, "Continue working! The Humans have taken enough space!" So they built their shit on top of our shit, which is a big 'Fuck You' to us. These ants are bad-ass. So I respect their colony and I go around.

At Veterans Park, I decide to forego the play equipment, and sit at a shaded bench far down the trail. It's the longest walk I've taken! By the way, I've lost 28lbs since July. So I sit down and start to enjoy my rolled SD*, but I notice a HUGE wasp lingering around. Texas-sized. So I head back to the play area and claim the throne at the top. While enjoying, I watch a tiny little spider hunt for food. He almost gets a little bug, but it flies away. As I relax and enjoy nature and the SD, I start to watch drivers as they pass by. I note which guys can kick my ass, and honestly, they all can. So I have to be the Yoda. I have to be the guy that knows stuff so that the heroes, villains, and everyone else have someone to go to for knowledge. So here's my first Yoda lesson...

"Respect life in all it's forms. Treat nature with respect, because you need it more than it needs you. If humans would learn to embrace nature as they once did, I believe we would be happier people. We can still have technology, but don't let it rule. Life is out of balance. Too much tech, and not enough nature. We are a part of nature just as a tree is. We are not separate from it. To close ourselves off from it is not healthy. Maybe the effects are not yet known, but there will be changes."

Evolution has already removed alot of body hair from humans because we shelter ourselves. We wear clothes. We even remove the hair that our body needs for warmth and to cool off. Modern humans are weird. But I myself am weird. So since I can't fight, I have to be smart. Which I am trying to work on.

* Sour Diesel

No comments:

Post a Comment