Friday, January 18, 2013

Groovin' With Nature

(originally written August 14, 2012)

Medical marijuana can make you see things differently if you use it for that purpose, and not just for pain or to tune out. I sought out my nearest, and most used nature spot for my afternoon session. This time it's 91 Chem Dawg, but I hate that name, so I'm calling it Dreadnok.

So I light up and think to myself, "Get greedy with the SAT." I do just that and it chokes me. But I handle it. The afternoon is hot, but tolerable and the Dreadnok makes my head spin. I suddenly remember that Bunji is coming home soon. Must maintain. Ah, the beauty of cannabis.

So I'm standing there, after puff #2 and I hear a bird singing. I don't know what kind of bird it is, but it sings 'a hoot hooooot hoot a hoot hooooot hoot' . Over and over. Constantly. I notice the beat, and begin to groove. A 43 year old loser groovin' with nature in his backyard. The bird sings on and I groove on for about 20 seconds and then he stops. I stop groovin'. I take another greedy puff. The bird sings again, and I begin to groove with his birdsong. 'a hoot hooooot hoot a hoot hooooot hoot' he sings on. I groove on. But then it's time to stop and go inside.

When I was groovin' with nature I thought about how it must have looked. Had someone seen me, it would have looked pretty weird, some guy dancing in his backyard with seemingly no music playing. But there was music! It was the music of nature! My eagerness to dance to that music made nature and I one for just a few moments. So don't call me weird. Why aren't you out there with me, dancing with nature? Why don't you listen to the birds? They sing every day. Can't you hear them? Do you think you're separate from nature? Because you're not. But you hide from it in your house and with comfort. I'm guilty of the same thing, but I can, and often do take a moment of my life and connect with nature. Because I am nature. We all are. Connected forever. Some with tighter bonds than others, but connected nonetheless, like it or not. We need to make those bonds tighter, so that we as a human race, can learn to be the best human race we can be. Not for one, but for all. Let's connect, folks. Change Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment