Thursday, July 7, 2011

You Go, I Go, We All Go For Mego!

(Remember to click on the images for a better look)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who doesn't like Batman? I know all of my friends like him. I have never had a friend say, "I hate Batman. He's stupid and fake!" Well here is an ad that features "Batmania"! Just look at all the retro coolness of these toys. I always wanted to order that Utility Belt but never did. I bet it was loaded with fun. That Bat-Plane is pretty cool too. But the best thing on this page is the group of Mego action figures for sale. I LOVE Megos. Batman and Spider-Man were always my favorites. I wish Mego's were still $3.79 each. I'd buy them all. I'd even buy that Green Arrowcar. How cool would that be? I think if I could order any one of those Megos right now, only one, I'd buy Shazam. Or maybe Aquaman. I know Aquaman is kinda lame compared to other Super-Heroes, but I really like him and I still don't have a Mego of him. Yet. One of these days I'll pick one up in the Marketplace at the Mego Museum. Someday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This next ad is pretty cool. Once again the Megos dominate. If I could buy any one of the Megos here it would be Lizard. No contest. Why? Because I really want one. I guess I better watch the Marketplace. But beneath the Megos are Superhero Statues. My brother used to buy them at Ben's Discount Liquor back in the 70's. I remember he had all of the statues pictured in this ad. Of course he used to cut the stands off of their feet and then customize them by cutting their respective weapons off and then melting their arms a little so he could re-pose them in a better fighting stance. I have to give my brother the credit for my love of customizing action figures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next ad (from Amazing Spider-Man #201, page 14) is my favorite of this post. I just love the artwork, primitive as it may be. The price has gone up on the Megos here, but there is a greater selection. I also really like the way "Mego" is written. Very cool. Below the Megos we see some more awesome utility belts. This time we can see Spidey, Hulk, Batman, and Wonder Woman utility belts are available. And one of the coolest things in this ad is that Spider-Man ski mask. I would have LOVED to have owned that. I'd like to have one now. I'd be awesome every winter with my cool Spider-Man ski mask. I'd wear it. I'm not kidding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally (from Amazing Spider-Man #183, page 14) we have this nice ad featuring, you guessed it, Megos! I'm pretty sure everything in this ad, except for the Superhero Carry Case, is made by Mego. I like this ad. The way the heroes seem to be leaping from the carry case is very cool. Plus the selection is great. You can even get Isis & Speedy! If I ever get a time machine...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For More Information On Mego Corp. Toys, Check Out The Mego Museum! A Nice Place To Visit, A Great Place To Stay! Galleries! Forum! Library! CustoMego!

No comments:

Post a Comment